Our bare root trees have arrived for 2019, with a huge variety of both fruit and ornamental trees to choose from!
Come on up to the nursery and hand pick your trees, and our staff will be happy to give you any advice you need on planting and caring for them. They’ll even prune them for you!
Fruit trees and bare root ornamental trees can also be preordered, which you can find out how to do below.
Bare root fruit trees
Our bare root fruit trees started arriving in early June, and there’s a huge selection now available. This season prices start at $26.95 per tree, or as low as $24.25 per tree if buying 5 or more with our 10% discount.
Potted fruit trees – Citrus, olives, avocados, mulberries & more
Our citrus and other potted fruit varieties started arriving in May. This season prices start at $54.95 for a fruit tree in a 25cm pot, or as low as $49.45 if buying 3 or more with our 10% discount.
Bare root ornamental trees
Our bare root ornamental trees started arriving in mid June, and there’s a greatly expanded range available to choose from this season. You’ll also save 10% when buying 5 or more bare root ornamental trees.
Between 12/12/18 and 24/12/18 we’re giving away two $100 gift vouchers! All you need to do for a chance to win is like our Facebook page, and let us know in the comments of our competition post what you’d spend your $100 voucher on. The competition is open to Tasmanian residents only.
We’ll be drawing our two winners on the 17/12/18 and 24/12/18.
The following T&Cs apply:
- Prize winners will be drawn at random at 12pm AEST on 17/12/18 and 12pm on 24/12/18, at Greenhill Nursery. To be eligible to win you must:
- Like the Greenhill Nursery Facebook page; and
- Comment on an eligible competition post, letting us know what plant/plants you’d buy with your voucher; and
- Be able to collect your voucher in person from Greenhill Nursery within 14 days of the prize draw, along with a valid photo ID.
- Prize winners will be notified via the Greenhill Nursery Facebook page.
- Vouchers are valid for use from 26/12/18 to 26/03/19; cannot be used in conjunction with any discount offer (eg. carpark sale, bulk discounts, etc.); cannot be used to purchase bare root fruit trees, bare root ornamental trees, or rocks; cannot be exchanged for cash or new vouchers; and must be used in a single transaction.
- Post comments deemed to be inappropriate by Greenhill Nursery will be removed from page and entry invalidated.
- The winner of the prize drawn on 17/12/18 will be ineligible to win the prize drawn on 24/12/18.
- Total prize pool $200.
Did you know that Greenhill Nursery is the only licenced propagator and grower of Screenmaster Pittosporums in Tasmania?
The Screenmaster is considered a superior pittosporum to Silver Sheen and James Sterling, with a stronger growth rate and slightly thicker stems that make them a tougher plant for your garden.
They can grow up to 1 metre per year but they are best grown in a well-drained area. If your garden is a little damp then just mound up the soil to a height of 15cm and plant your new plants into the mound. Space your plants 1 metre apart, or 75cm for a quicker result.
Why buy Screenmaster pittosporums from Greenhill Nursery?
You may find cheaper and taller Screenmaster for sale in other nurseries, but these plants will have been imported from the mainland and are generally grown under inferior conditions.
Many mainland nurseries force grow their pittosporums under cover and feed them loads of fertiliser to make them tall and spindly.
At Greenhill Nursery we grow all of our Screenmaster pittosporums outside in the cold mountain air which makes them hardy plants, and well adapted to Tasmanian conditions.
This means you should get a great result by sourcing your Screenmaster from Greenhill!
What sizes are Screenmaster available in?
- 14cm pot with a plant around 35cm tall for $10.95
- 20cm pot with a plant around 60cm tall for $21.95
- 25cm pot with a plant around 90cm tall for $34.95
- 33cm pot with a plant around 1.2m tall for $79.95
- 35L Bag with a plant around 1.4m and bushy for $135.00
- 75L Bag with a plant around 1.8m and bushy for $245.00
*Bulk discounts apply*